Sunday, October 16, 2011

Indie October: So You Want to Print Your Own Books?


Last weekend, I visited one of my favorite indie bookstores in the city, Politics and Prose. I had read in their newsletter than they have a new print on demand machine. Basically if the book store didn't have a copy of the book that you wanted, they'd be able to print it for you (I'm assuming copyright laws would still have to apply). Also, I think you'd be able to print out your own personal books. This could open so many doors for so many readers and authors. It's really awesome.

I believe the particular machine that Politics and Prose has is one made by Xerox and it sort of looks like this:

Espresso Book Machine by Xerox




How awesome is this?

2 comments:

  1. That's great. I remember when I went to pick up my dissertation that I had printed in hardback and just loving the fact that you can do that. It was at a local printers and ridiculously cheap, but very professional. I was limited since it had to be black with gold lettering, but he had the option to let you do anything you want.

    I keep telling myself that I'm going to go back and have a few books printed - I just need to figure out what to put in them. Would be an excellent christmas present (for myself, really).

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...