Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Review: Textastrophe by Matt Andrews

Title: Textastrophe
Author: Matt Andrews
Format: Paperback
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Publish Date: February 17, 2015
Source: I received a copy from the publisher; however, this did not affect my review.






Once upon a time, prank phone calls were the best way to procrastinate, but in 2015, they’re so passé. Instead, Matt Andrews has mastered the art of prank texting. What happens when you offer to barter two sub-sandwiches for a used motorcycle? Who do you call when you want to build a mysterious man cave in your basement? What do you do if you need a knight in shining armor to deliver you to your high school reunion? If you've ever left a "contact me" pull-tab at your local grocery or posted an ad on Craigslist and received insane and unbelievable text messages in response, Andrews is very likely to blame. We'd be mad at him if we could stop laughing long enough to hit "send" on the exceptionally witty come back we thought of...too bad he's already moved on to his next target and deleted us from his phone, now only to be remembered in these pages of his laugh-out-loud funny book."

My Two Cents:

As author Matt Andrews shows in "Textastrophe," putting your phone number in a public place like a Craigslist listing or on a sign may be a bad idea, a really bad idea. Andrews has perfected the final art of text pranking and this book is a collection of some of the different text pranks that he has pulled.

If you read the Textastrophe blog, you might be familiar with some of these pranks as I was. However, there were a lot of other hilarious pranks that I was not familiar with that I loved reading. And even those that I was familiar with still got a good laugh out of me.

This is a very quick read that will give you a good laugh. I could see it being really good gift for someone who is looking for a laugh or needs a little bit of cheering up.


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...